Our Work: Mission, vision and values
The Ottawa Museum Network (OMN) works to provide a strong voice for Ottawa’s community museums, and through collaboration, to strengthen the capacity of member museums; to celebrate, reflect and share the stories of Ottawa’s diverse and evolving communities and to foster pride in heritage and a sense of belonging to the greater Canadian community.
The OMN is a throng, sustainable local museum community that works collaboratively and aspires to a future in which our members are recognized for their innovation, social relevance and collaboration with diverse communities.
Our Values as a Network
- Work collaboratively to strengthen our sense of collective ownership and to develop more partnerships;
- Act with integrity and demonstrate honesty and fairness in our work together and with others;
- Work proactively to achieve the OMN’s strategic objectives and desired results;
- Promote inclusion and active engagement with the increasingly diverse populations of Ottawa;
- Increase our social relevance as member museums and engage in and respond to the social issues of the day;
- Foster a climate of innovation by creating new initiatives that enrich the lives of Ottawa residents; and
- Provide leadership to enhance the capacity and reach of the OMN and its members.